Saturday, April 24, 2010

Filet Mignon

If I was in on death row, filet mignon and potatoes would be my final meal, hands down. I've only have filet mignon at restaurants, so I was a little more than skeptical to try cooking one myself on the stove.

It didn't disappoint. I mean it was no Ruth's Chris, but it was good. We made a goat cheese and fig jam appetizer. The main course was a bacon-wrapped filet with roasted fingerling potatoes and green beans, garlic focaccia bread, goat cheese and dried cranberry spinach salad, followed by bananas foster for dessert. All of the ingredients for tonight's meal were from Trader Joe's. I didn't take pics of everything, but here's the main course and salad.




I'm finally getting to the point where I feel comfortable in the kitchen. If I see a recipe, I'm confident that I can pull it off. My next step is to make a meal for myself BY myself during the week. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

sunshine said...

This cooking series has been my favorite, Riles. For sure.

Allie said...

I have so many more ideas of what we can cook! Too bad you didn't take any pictures from "Breakfast for Dinner" that was good:)