Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I want a kid

So I can buy one of these and put it in his nursery.


Some friends of mine in Oklahoma are having a baby and for the first time in my life I have found myself scouring the Internet for a gift. I have followed this British illustrator's blog, Paul Thurlby, for several years now and I remembered these sweet alphabet illustrations he sells. As I sit in my condo tonight and peruse the night away looking at baby shiz, I'm tempted to buy one or more of his prints and then think of a boy's name that starts with the letter on the prints that I like the most. Kinda works, eh? S, F, A, and H are my favorites.


Pretty sweet, huh?

I supposed I could name my son SHAF and buy all of them! Hmmm. I better talk that over with the future Mrs..

R: Hey future Mrs., wanna name our kid SHAF?

FM: Who are you?

R: I'm your future husband.

FM: Huh? Ok. Cool.

R: Cool!? Like you're cool naming our kid SHAF? (note, always spelled in ALL CAPS)

FM: No. I don't want kids. I'm alternative and natural like that. I do stuff like yoga and shop at Mother's. Kids will negatively affect my qi.

R: ...

FM: What's that look for?

R: Nevermind.

FM: You don't care about my qi?

R: We wouldn't be having this conversation if I still lived in Texas.

2 comments:

Julie Brazelton said...

That made me laugh soooo hard!

Jacquelyn said...

I've already decided I am naming my son Zion (DON'T STEAL IT) and a screening question I ask dudes is how they feel about Zion. The Zion-ator.