Sunday, July 26, 2009

Coworkers

So, I this month marked my one-year anniversary working for Group/Simply Youth Ministry. I love my job even more than when I started which, I think, is pretty rare. Usually, stuff starts to suck after a while, but this has been different. I really, really love it.

I get to design book covers, web sites, brochures, catalogs, pretty much anything.

One bummer thing is that I don't get to work with the other designers on a daily basis. Granted, we are on Skype all day talking about about things like How to Teach Your Infant to Swim (I mean really. The child looks comatose and the mom keeps flipping him and dropping him underwater. This is far worse than spanking.) in between meetings, so most of the time it feels like they are a desk away. Anyway, every few months I'll fly out to Colorado for a few days for a design-binge with Veronica and Storm. That's the best.

1 comment:

veronica said...

1) Happy Anniversary. It's been a year!? It's totally been a year...wow.
2) I laugh every time I see these pics.
3) Adding to the list of random Skype convo:
• Wednesday Afternoon Club
• Storm's Inappropriate (Guys Only) Contests
• Kittens Inspired By Kittens
• Be-Nice-To-V-Day (I appreciated that :)
...I could go on.

We need another design-binge soon!